Tired of slow internet? Everyone wants to have a fast internet, don’t they? Don’t you wanna do something to get that boring slow internet to speed up a bit? I can’t assure you will go from 30 kbps to 1 Mbps or something similar, but you will definitely get a faster internet to work on.
Now having said that you will speed up, you will only reach the maximum speed that is provided to you by your ISP (Internet Service Provider). It’s pretty easy and you don’t need to bother downloading anything! You’re excited, aren’t you? Oh, of – course you are! So, here’s what you need to do, pretty simple.
Just follow the steps below and you can achieve your goal of having a faster internet.
And, this works on Windows only!
- Firstly check your internet speed. To do that, just go on Google and type in “internet speed test”, check your internet speed and note the result down.
- Once you’ve done that, open run from your start menu, or just enter Windows key + r from your keyboard. And type in “gpedit.msc” and hit enter or click the OK button.
- Now, you should see something like this appear.
Click on computer configuration.
- Then go into Network, within the Administrative Templates.
- Then, you should see “QoS Packet Scheduler”. Just click it.
- Then open “Limit reservable bandwith”.
- Set the Bandwith limit (%) to 0 and Enable it. Once you’ve done that it should seem pretty much like this.
Now, all you have to do is click Apply and then OK. You need to restart your computer for these settings to work. Restart it and finally check your internet speed again on the same site as before. You’ll find that it has increased, though the increment may not be much, it is the maximum provided by your ISP!
Thanks for reading, and I hope you have a fast internet connection now! 🙂 If you have any problems, drop a comment below, and do share if it works for you! Note that doing this will prioritize your computer more than any other device connected to the same Wifi.