Lately, I had a lot of issues due to these nova.rambler.ru, secure-surf.net malware. Everything that I searched for on Google would either redirect to nova.rambler.ru or secure-surf.net, and, every time I clicked anywhere on a webpage, an on click ad would popup. I was terrified and preferred googling from my phone, but, I had to fix this issue someday.
My first attempt to fix my problems with my browser due to these browser hijackers was to reset the browser. It didn’t work. Then, I uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome but the problem hadn’t gone at all. When I tried googling a fix for all these problems, but all the solutions that I could see required a download, and I would prefer not downloading anything. And now, thankfully, I have finally found a solution to my all these problems and it seems to be quite simple.
Here’s What You Gotta Do:
- Go to settings. or copy and paste this link on your browser.
- In the People section, click “Manage other people”.
- After that, click on “ADD PERSON” on the lower right corner. Name the user and hit SAVE.
- Then, again, click on “Manage other people” and hover over the older user, 3 vertical dots will appear, click it and remove the user.
- Now, scroll down and click on Open proxy settings on System section.
- In the “Connections” tab, click on “LAN settings”.
Clear everything that is written in the “Address” bar and uncheck “Use automatic configuration script” and hit Ok twice. You’ll know what I mean by “twice”.
- Reset the browser and reopen it. You should have no issues now. 🙂
If you face any problem, please feel free to drop it in the comments below, I will do my best to solve them for you. 🙂