XAMPP is a completely free, easy to install Apache distribution containing MariaDB, PHP, and Perl. It is an open source package that has been set up to be incredibly easy to install and to use.( Source ) XAMPP stands for Cross-platform (X) Apache (A) MariaDB (M) PHP (P) and Perl (P). It is the most popular PHP development environment.
Here, we will learn how to install it.
- Download XAMPP from its official website.
- After the download’s completed, disable your anti-virus and run the installation file.
- When the setup window pops up, click on “Next >” twice and choose where you want to install it and then, click “Next >” again.
- Perform a normal setup.
- Once the installation has been completed, go to your start menu and search for “XAMPP Control Panel” and open it.
- Start Apache and MySQL.
- Go to your web browser and type in localhost or 127.0.0.1.
- If it is a welcome page, well done my friend! Now, its time to use it.
- Go to the location where you installed it and open its folder.
- After that, open the “htdocs” folder.
- Create a new text document and rename it “index.php”.
- You can customize your file “index.php” and to run it, all you need to do is go to your browser and type in localhost again.
That’s all mate! I hope you liked it. If you are having any trouble, make sure to mention it in the comment below!