Recently I had installed CentOS 7 in my virtual machine, but for some reason, I couldn’t connect it to the internet. I was getting sick of it. After playing around for a while I discovered quite an easy fix for it.
Once, my maths teacher used to tell me, “Boy, you’ve been so habituated to doing things the hard way that you forget there’s an easy way to do it.” I didn’t get what he meant by that until today. What did I not try doing from within the virtual machine? I went from GUI mode to the CLI mode and again back to the GUI mode yet couldn’t figure out a fix for it. Only to realize an easy fix later.
Here’s what you’ve gotta do to fix the Internet Connection Problem with CentOS 7 (in Virtual Machine):
- Poweroff the virtual machine. 😛
- Go to the location where the saved data of the virtual machine exists.
By default, its within the Virtual Machines folder within Documents. Now, go within the CentOS folder.
- Right click ‘*.vmx’ (That is, the file with extension .vmx) file and open it with Notepad.
- Go to the bottom, type in
ethernet0.virtualDev = "e1000"and save it.
- That should be it! Power on the virtual machine and you’re good to go!
If you have anything to say, please drop a comment below. 🙂