Wanna create a personal hotspot from your computer? There might be several reasons why you wanna create one, but have been facing difficulty. Well, here, you can just follow the following steps and you should do fine.
It might be tough! It might require intense knowledge of programming. How do I create a hotspot? -_- It’s not as tough as you think. In fact its pretty easy and the code is barely a line long. You’ll do fine. Just follow the steps given below!
- Connect to your Wi-fi network. The same network is gonna be used to create a hotspot here.
- Open run or press Windows + r key from the keyboard.
- Now you must run the Command Prompt as an administrator. When you are running Command Prompt as an administrator, type the following command and hit enter.
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=name key=password
Here, “name” and “password” are variables and you can set them whatever you want them to be respectively. For example, if I want my hotspot to be named “abhizer”, and my password to be “idontknowthepassword” then the code I should enter will be,
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=abhizer key=idontknowthepassword
See, simple, isn’t it? Now that’s exactly what you need to do too! And of-course you can use any ssid and any key unless the key is at least 8 characters long.
- Now, if you constantly need to run the hotspot and for your easiness, you can write a program to do so, and no its not tough at all. Just create a text file and change its extension to “.bat”, without the inverted commas, of-course, else you’d be pretty dumb.
- Once you’ve changed the extension, right click it and choose “edit” or “edit with notepad++”.
- Now, just copy the following code and paste it in there and save it.
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
- Now go to Control Panel. Then, click Network and Internet, and then Network Connections.
- Right click on your current internet connection.
- Then click on Properties and select the Sharing tab.
- Once there, check the box for, Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.
- Then you should select the Wi-fi hotspot network that you just created. And finally, hit the OK button!
- Now, run the program that we just created having “.bat” extension as an Administrator.
- What in hell are you waiting for now? Just connect your other devices already, you hotspot’s already created! 🙂
There you have it, you just created your own hotspot via your computer. If you have any questions, drop a comment below!