Chess, a game with the simple objective but complex strategies, all in order to capture the opponent’s king. From humans, to computers chess has evolved quite well. Even among the computer chess programs, Stockfish Chess Engine is remarkably the best chess engine yet with an elo rating of 3447 for Stockfish 8. Now, its pretty obvious you want to play against the best, even though you’re certain to lose. If you are interested in facing the Stockfish Chess Engine, just follow me!
Here we go!
- Go to the Stockfish website and download the latest version of Stockfish.
In my case, it is the Stockfish 8.
- Extract the file.
- Download Arena. Arena is a Graphical User Interface software that allows you to play chess.
- Extract Arena.
- Now, go to the extracted Arena folder and click on Arena.exe.
- Click on the “Engines” tab.
- Choose, “Install New Engine”.
- Once you do that, a new Window pops up. Here, choose the location where you extracted your version of Stockfish Chess Engine.
- Then, go to the Windows folder.
- Now, select the appropriate version for you.
- Now, hit Open!
- Finally, select any piece, and move it! You’re all set to play now! 🙂
- Enjoy! And hey, hope that you don’t get beaten during the opening game! 😛
Share if you like it, and comment if you have any problem! PEACE!